City of Jacksonville Goals:
- Create a vibrant, prosperous downtown.
- Make the city a desired vacation location for both American and foreign visitors.
- Energize our children to seek excellence through education.
- Provide greater opportunity for jobs, dining and entertainment spots for all citizens.
- Create a learning venue that will excite children, as well as adults of all ages.
- Improve the fine park system throughout greater Jacksonville.
- Greatly reduce the budget deficits that are strangling any growth and investment possibilities.
- Greatly increase the numbers of new visitors and conventioneers who spend money and fill hotels, restaurants, and shops.
- Increase revenues from this important source through private and corporate investment, not increased taxes.
- No compelling features or attractions in Jacksonville to attract visitors and conventioneers
- 2012 – only 3.2% of all visitors to Florida stopped in Duval County
- Convention traffic is stagnant and few stay in Jacksonville after the convention concludes
- Provide compelling attractions to pull visitors off highways and excite conventioneers to want to be here
- Follow the lead of cities all over America who faced similar problems and solved them in one stroke